Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hold out on God

                                              
In all things give thanks.
1 Thessalonians 5;18

This year I got my dream job.  Sounds goofy I know, but it’s true. It’s fairly close in to where we live, I’m doing something I love, working with good people and I get paid a decent wage.  I literally felt as if I hit the lottery with this job.  

But here is the deal, when I was not at my ideal job, I thanked God for the job I did have, all the while understanding and knowing that God must want me in my that current position for some reason.  I don't fully understand why He had me at that job, although, I have a few ideas.  I may never know why I was there, but I trust that He knew best.  My point is that rather than being angry and mad about my current situation, I tried valiantly to be appreciative.  On many occasions, I was extremely frustrated by events, but worked hard to keep my emotions and thoughts in check

Although I don’t usually pat myself on the back, I have learned a lot of patience over the last 10 years (I’ve had kids about 10 years, hmmm, correlation?)  I am very proud of the tolerance I’ve developed.  My favorite verse has always been the one for today, but I feel like I am really living it now.  

So I encourage you to relax about your current situation and allow God to use it for something good in your life.  Maybe the reason I was at my previous job was to help me develop some character in my life that needed developing?  Maybe it was simply for the people I would meet?  I am not sure, but I do know that if you are constantly fighting against your current situation, it’s almost impossible to see the potential good that could come from it or learn anything in the process.


Dear Lord, help me to accept my current situation and trust that You know what is best for me.