Thursday, March 6, 2014

See the Big Picture

                                                                       
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.  Psalms 139:23 and 24

When someone is unpleasant to you, you must remember this:  It’s generally not about you, but them.

When you are getting bad vibes from someone, it has more to do with what they are going thru rather than what you are going through with them.  When we are experiencing a challenging situation with another person, step back and try to feel compassion for that person rather than contempt.  It changes your attitude and allows you to help the situation rather than make it worse.

I can now say that I am able to relax when things aren’t going my way. I say it with a bit of hesitation, not wanting to imply that I’m good at it.  The ability to sit back and thank God in all situations, knowing there must be a greater reason something is happening, rather than one you can personally witness, will help you mightily in life.  When you are able to walk calmly through a situation even when it’s not going your way, it’s good for your body.  You are able to keep your blood pressure down, you stomach free of TUMS and eventually have a “ah ha” moment; Instead of the tumultuous feeling you get when you worry incessantly about something.

When it comes to people you are dealing with, if they are acting completely out of line towards you, there must be something else going on that has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with you.  Sure it affects you in their actions toward you, but, don’t take it personally.  Bite your tongue, say a prayer for them and allow them to work through their issue without added struggle from you.


Dear Lord, help me to help hurting people, rather than hurt hurting people.  Help me to be a comfort to those than need it rather than a source of pain.  Amen